Saturday, December 01, 2007

Yahoo! The Goal Has Been Met :-)


Yes, I've been noticeably absent this week from Writer's Journey. Other than the announcement of a drawing for my friend Miralee's book this coming Monday I've been AWOL!

But I haven't been idle!

I set December 1st as my goal to finish the task of revising my manuscript from 60,000 words to 90,000 words (approximately), and at about 5 p.m. yesterday, mission was accomplished. Woo Hoo! Did that feel good.

It still needs a go-around for fine-tuning and I'll be doing that fairly quick here, but the major work has been done.

An agent has requested the full ms. and I want her to have a look at it before I send it to anyone, including the editor who requested it at the conference last September. My dilemma is do I hold off sending the full to the agent AFTER the holidays or send it when it's done, no matter when it's done?

It's a nice dilemma.

2 comments:

windycindy said...

Congratulations on the revision of your manuscript. You made a goal and accomplished it! I should be more like you.....Cindi :)
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Miralee Ferrell said...

Way to go, my friend! I'm soooo proud of you! I definitely vote for sending it as soon as you know it's ready to go. There's no reason to hold it till after Christmas. If the agent is busy he/she will set it aside, but there's always a chance they'll have time to sneak a peek! I say, go for it!!! Blessings on the results and God's favor on your project. Miralee