Monday, March 26, 2007

Teaching To Read Words Is Almost As Much Fun As Writing Them!

Every Tuesday morning I head for the local library and teach my friend Yoshie how to read English through the local Read to Learn Program. The other day I had my camera with me and had someone take our picture.

It's been fun to see Yoshie's reading and speaking skills improve over the past six months. It's also a great way to get to know someone from another culture and to help someone read. As a writer I find that very rewarding.

I've just learned that I can send my full manuscript to the publisher I've been targeting for MFB and am hard at work tweaking it so I can get it sent. I've set a goal to have it done by Easter, if not sooner. I'll keep you posted as to my progress! Right now I'm on Chapter Five with about thirty to go, give or take, as I may do some rearranging as I go. I'm excited to get this done so I can send it out and also query some agents. Yes!

No comments: