Monday, April 09, 2007

Time is Running Out!


I've found that being retired without a contracted story it's easy to kind of mosey along on tweaking and revisions, but I can't operate that way. I've got to keep pushing to get this manuscript tweaked, proofed, and tweaked again. Get it put together with my proposal and get it out the door.

Yep, I have other demands on my time. Some I can put off like finishing the redecorating of my kitchen. Others I can't, like ACFW work.

Today and most of this week I'm going to set my own deadline. To get to the end of this manuscript and the chapters sent off to my crit partners for a final go-through. Next week apply their excellent suggestions. Then get the proposal package together the following week and send the thing off to the editor who has asked for it. Sent off with a ton of prayer.

It's hard to slack when no one has asked for it by a certain day, but if I don't keep my nose to the grindstone, slacking a day will turn into a week, and then a month.

The wallpaper is half torn off the kitchen wall, the cabinets cry out for paint, empty drawers in my new cabinets want to be filled, but my story has priority.

Guess I'd better stop blogging and get to writing!

No comments: