Monday, July 24, 2006

Great is Thy Faithfulness


Last week God showed His faithfulness to me...sort of an atta girl thing to say "You're on the right track. Don't give up now!" I received notice that a story I submitted to a compilation book called. "His Forever: Real People Coming to Jesus," was accepted for publication! It's a retelling of a wonderful story told me by a member of my church. One that when I heard it years ago, I knew it had to be published so others would read it and know we serve a God of Wonders. I wrote it up and submitted it to places like Guideposts and Decision Magazine. I was soundly rejected. Needless to say I was stunned. I had believed that the recounted event would sell the story on its own merits. It didn't because the writing was lacking. I eventually saved the file to my computer and all but forgot about it.

Last November when I read a call for submissions to "His Forever," I remembered the story and pulled it up on my computer screen. Several years and many writing workshops later, I saw what needed fixing and went to work. This time I didn't get a rejection. **SMILE**. The book will be out at Christmas time. You can guess what my Christmas gift will be to my friends.

Although I'm excited about this, I'm even more excited for Frank, whose story it really is. I'm not going to tell you anymore about this wonderful witness of God's almighty power in Frank's life. You'll have to read it for yourself.

Lamentations 3:22-23 says that God's compassions for us never fail and that they are new every morning. His faithfulness is great! Amen!

No comments: