Monday, February 13, 2006

Never on Sunday?

Should a writer write on Sunday? Good question. You know, it is so hard to not ever write, yet isn't Sunday the Lord's day? Many of my writer friends make a point of not writing on Sundays and spending it instead with family. I am not a legalistic Christian, yet God has to be number one in my life always. It's so easy, especially for someone single like me to push Him off the throne of my heart and climb up there. But I've learned that whenever I get too comfy on that heart-throne of mine trouble happens. I start living my life the way I want to, rationalizing that I know most times God probably wouldn't like this decision or that action, but in this instance it is warranted because.... Then God hits me over the head with a two-by-four and says "Wake up, My child and listen to me." I find that when I start listening to God things turn around for the best. This past week has been difficult because of losing my cat to kidney disease, but I have a lot to be thankful for. I have my health, I have a roof over my head, I have good friends. Saturday I spent an enjoyable day with a very good friend. Something needed for sure. But even more than friends, the fact I have Jesus needs to come first. Without Jesus a dozen book contracts, more money than I could count, a healthy and sound body wouldn't matter a hill of beans. With Jesus I have eternal life with God the Father, the one true living God.

So yesterday morning I decided I wouldn't do any writing at all that day. At the time I wondered if I would really manage to stick with my decision. Would my WIP call me so loud I couldn't help but give in? It didn't. :-) I spent the day in total relaxation. Today is another day and I'm up early and will be getting to my cozy, "Murder for Breakfast" before too long. Have I got you curious??? I hope so :-).

No comments: