Saturday, December 22, 2012

Words in the Wind by Yvonne Anderson -- A Great Read!

I've always said if an author got me to sit and read a Science Fiction story from start to finish, there was one great author. Well, last year my friend, Yvonne Anderson, proved to be one great author because her debut novel The Story in the Stars kept my interest from start to finish. When I finished the book, I begged her for more. And more I got just a few weeks ago when her sequel Words in the Wind arrived in my mailbox.

And, just like the first book in the series, I became quickly engrossed in Words in the Wind, happy to see that Dassa, the heroine of the first book has returned and immediately finds herself  in trouble when her landing craft crashes in a remote area of her home planet Ghanna, cutting her off from family and colleagues. Yes, I said family...it seems in the few years between the first book and this book, Dassa and Pik have married and started a family. Smile.

You'll want to get a copy of Words in the Wind as soon as possible to find out what she's been up to these past few years. But if you missed the first book, never fear, you can jump right into the fun and start reading Book 2, although I highly recommend reading them in order.

Anderson is a master storyteller with an imagination to be admired. I truly appreciate her ability to create a whole alternate universe full of strange, but somehow likable people. From the expressionless Karkar natives who show all their emotion through their ears, to the Ghannians who can communicate with each other through their minds. Far better than any iPhone or Android.

I would give this book five stars if I had a star system, and definitely give it two thumbs up. Don't miss this one!

You can purchase the book at Amazon or at your local bookstore. If they don't have it, I'm sure they'd be happy to order you a copy.


I received a complementary copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of review. All opinions of the book are my own.




No comments: