Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas to All!!!

The busyness of December has gotten away from me. I've been plotting and starting the first draft of Book 2 in my On The Road to Love Series (more adventures of April and Marc!), preparing to coordinate ACFW's Genesis writing contest for unpublished writers which opens January 2nd, and doing Christmas things like baking pumpkin bread to give away, hosting a Christmas dinner and gift exchange for the ladies in my small group, and dealing with a car battery that was being drained by an errant amplifier.

Despite it all, I have been careful to remind myself of the Reason for the Season. It's not about presents or food or parties, although that's what many seem to think. I read an article in the paper recently on the Christian significance of Christmas, and the author said he wanted to stab a candy cane through the heart of the person who made up a department store ad campaign for this year which says simply "Believe." It made me laugh, but really ... What does any store that places that word in their ads want the consumer to believe? That they have the best deals in town? The most choices? What? I'm sure it's not to believe that Jesus is the Reason for the Season.

But wait! Maybe whomever developed the campaign does believe Jesus is the Reason for the Season and that's their subtle way of making a statement.

Regardless, I choose to believe the way I want to believe.



Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Lynda Lee Schab said...

Great post, Pam! Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family!

Cheryl Linn Martin said...

Jesus is indeed the Reason for the Season! Blessings to you, Pam, and a very Merry Christmas!