Monday, May 21, 2007

On The Mountain It Will Be Provided

I'm back from the mountain and the Lord did provide as it says in Genesis 22:14. He provided 4-1/2 beautiful days in His wonderous creation.

He provided three days of valuable teaching from two wonderful teachers in Angie Hunt and Nancy Rue. They call their class Nangie. I learned so much from them including Angie's skeleton for working out a story plot. I can't wait to try it out on my second story in the Canoga Lake Series (Murder for Breakfast is the first story). I was also encouraged to continue revamping Shiloh Legacy. Wow, I don't know where to start first!

God also provided good appointments with agents and hopefully I'll soon be connected. An agent is so necessary in the writing world, but it's important to find a good fit.

He provided a great roomie. Vickie and I met at the airport in Denver, rented a car, and headed for the hills (mountains). In two hours we were breathing in mountain air and gasping for breath! LOL. That high altitude took some getting used to. I climbed a flight of stairs and felt like I'd just run a marathon.

He provided wonderful worship times in music, message, and prayer as well as sweet fellowship with old and new friends.

We played hookie a few times and scooted into the village of Estes Park where we sampled the local restaurants and hit the shops. I loved meeting the people who live there. I think 8 out of 10 were transplants. I can sure understand the draw of the place, but I couldn't help but wonder if they ever feel like they'd like to be able to just drive a few blocks and be at the mall. Then again, who'd want to go to the mall when you can look at something like this?

I'm still in a post-conference semi-coma, but I'll be over it by tomorrow. Then I'll get to work on all those stories I need to work on...for now I'm going to chill a little longer and dream of snow-capped moutains.

No comments: